LTC Pharmacy Technician
Position Summary: The LTC Pharmacy Technician performs day-to-day duties under the supervision of the Pharmacist Manager in accordance with established principles, policies, and procedures and/or law.
- Data entry of patient/facility profiles and prescription/physician order information
- Assist in cycle and interim filling
- Answer incoming calls
- Receive and process refill requests and authorizations
- Fill new orders and refills per client-specific packaging (i.e., medication boxes, multi-dose strips, blister cards, vials)
- Prepare daily medications and records for delivery
- Staging items for delivery
- Fill pre-drawn syringes
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong data entry skills/computer skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and throroughness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superb customer service skills
- Ability to receive direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Quality focus
- 1-2 year of experience in a related field; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pharmacy Technician experience servicing long term care facilities preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Physical Job Requirements:
- Sitting and/or standing for up to 10 hours/day
- Having a range of motion from kneeling, to bending over to raising arms above head to retrieve stock
- Lifting and/or carrying up to 40 pounds
- Reading fine and/or small print
- Working off a computer screen for up to 10 hours/day
- Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-7:00PM
- Saturday rotations possible
- Insurance-Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Aflac
- Leave and Holidays- Earned Time Off (ETO), Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan- 401(k) and Roth Plans, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Note: A background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
Mallatt’s Pharmacy will develop long term, trusting relationships with our community by providing unique services, fun products, and valuable information to improve the quality of life for each individual.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Mallatt’s Pharmacy.
Mallatt’s Pharmacy is an EEO/AA employer