Billing Specialist II
To assist the Billing Supervisor with managing accounts receivables and other important Billing Department tasks.
- Transmit claims to insurance companies
- Help manage outstanding insurance claims
- Runs and manages cycle billing
- Manages suspense report
- Answer phone calls addressing billing statements
- Work with the pharmacy on billing clients and facilities
- Enter clients into pharmacy billing software
- Attention to detail and superior organizational skills are critical for this position.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer/vendor situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and receives clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork- Provides and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity- Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics- Maintains strict confidentiality; treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Consistently follows the attendance policy.
- Microsoft Office/Open Office, specifically Excel, knowledge required.
- Experience in a healthcare field a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a pharmacy and billing department preferred.
- Experience with billing insurance companies preferred.
- Medicare Part B knowledge
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- None requested for this position
Physical Job Requirements:
- Sitting for 6-8 hours
- Reading fine and/or small print
- Working on a computer for 6-8 hours a day
Work Status: Full-Time
- Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm
- Occasional Weekends 9:00am-5:30pm
- Insurance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, AFLAC, TASC
- Earned Time Off (ETO), Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan– 401K and Roth Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Background check and pre-employment drug screen required.
Mallatt’s Pharmacy will develop long term, trusting relationships with our community by providing unique services, fun products, and valuable information to improve the quality of life for each individual.
Mallatt’s Pharmacy is an EEO/AA employer.