Billing Specialist I
Position Summary: Billing – To assist the Billing Supervisor with managing accounts and billing facilities, patients and insurance companies. Working with customers internally and externally on billing processes.
- Billing and account receivable duties include but are not limited to
- Runs Medicare A and Private Pay bills and discharges
- Billing medication and supplies to insurance company
- Billing Hospice Admissions
- HICFA 1500 forms and Family Care Association Billing
- Enters Insurance information into pharmacy software
- Assists Claims Rejection Specialists
- Manages admissions queue in Docutrack
- Lead person on new pharmacy software for billing functions
- Manages pharmacy fee structure in pharmacy software
- Attention to detail and superior organizational skills are critical for this position.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer/vendor situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and receives clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Provides and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Maintains strict confidentiality; treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
*Background check and pre-employment drug screen required.
- Microsoft Office/Open Office, specifically Excel, knowledge required.
- Experience in a healthcare field a plus but not required.
- Pharmacy billing experience preferred
- Customer Service experience required
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- None requested for this position
Physical Job Requirements:
- Sitting for 6 -8 hours
- Having a range of motion from kneeling, to bending over to raising arms above head to retrieve stock
- Lifting and/or carrying up to 40 lbs
- Reading fine and/or small print
- Working off a computer screen for 1-8 hours a day
- Monday-Friday 9:00a-6:00p
- Saturday rotation 9:00a-5:00p
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Leave and Holidays – Earned Time Off (ETO), Paid Holidays, Aflac
- Retirement Plan – 401K/401k Roth Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Location: Madison, WI
Travel: 0% – 5%
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Mallatt’s Pharmacy.
Mallatt’s Pharmacy is an EEO/AA employer.