3506 Monroe St. Madison, WI 53711 & 1255 Williamson St. Madison
Mallatt’s Pharmacy will develop long term, trusting relationships with our community by providing unique services, fun products, and valuable information to improve the quality of life for each individual.
POSITION SUMMARY: Obtain or receive merchandise, total bills, accept payment, and make change for customers in a retail store by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales
- Stamp, mark or tag price on merchandise
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer
- Answer customer’s questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise
- Calculate sales discount and/or total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill
- Accept payment and make change. Wrap and bag merchandise for customers
- Perform open-of-store tasks and end-of-day tasks
- Process USPS tasks
- Keep the store clean and orderly
- Previous retail or customer service experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to speak effectively with customers
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and propositions to practical situations
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prior retail experience preferred
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent preferred
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Having a range of motion from kneeling, to bending over to raising arms above head to retrieve stock
- Reading fine and/or small print
- Working off a computer screen for up to 8 hours/day
- Sitting and/or standing for up to 8 hours/day
- Lifting and/or carrying up to 40lbs
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 9:00a-7:00p Saturday 9:00a-5:00p
- Monroe Street, Madison, Wisconsin
A background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
Mallatt’s Pharmacy is an EEO/AA Employer.